Old 10-22-13, 08:11 PM
DX-MAN
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Papa Tom
OK, so are you ready for some big news that's probably going to piss some of you off?

Anybody who has followed my discussions knows that:

1. I don't spend money on accessories easily
2. I don't like to spend EXTRA money on name brand accessories that are no better than the ones I can find in department stores
3. I don't like to buy "disposable" accessories (ones that are designed to be obsolete or irreparable within a year or two)
4. I am extremely frustrated by the overabundance of information we are all slammed with anytime we try to research a purchase.

Bottom line? I think my quest for a light is over. What a ridiculous waste of time to search so far and wide when the solution was so simple and so cheap (we'll get to that at the end). This light will illuminate the road plenty when I make my commute just prior to sunrise, and it will certainly be seen by the few drivers on the road at that time. Hopefully, it will provide hours of good light on three recyclable AAA batteries, and ideally, it will not be trash within a year or two. If it is, at least my investment will not have been too steep.

Oh...the cost? $4.99.
Congratulations. Glad you found a light for your bike, and still have $490 left. Send me $90, so I can take my kids to lunch.

I don't spend $$ on accessories easily, either; I have to make every dollar count.
I rarely find department store stuff to be "as good" as "brand name" anymore; the mass-produced stuff isn't going downhill, it's going over a waterfall.
So, do you use a straight razor, or maybe a Norelco?
Learn to filter; better too much info than not enough, as not enough can get you into a world of hurt.

I'm leaning the OPPOSITE way, not buying cheap shat any more.