Old 08-08-19, 12:26 PM
Skaughtto
Commuter

Bikes: Domane 2.0, CrossRip LTD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
The pair I bought via eBay for $115 arrived yesterday. I rushed to the LBS for some sealant and a Stan's NoTubes injector, then dusted off the tubeless accessories that came with my Bontrager Paradigm Comp TLR wheels to get the install going. It took me an eternity to get a tire on the front rim! "Tight" would be an understatement - it turned into a two person, three tire lever job. Hopefully there's never a situation where I have an issue on the road, because I doubt I'll be able to get the tire off, put a tube in and put it back together again.

I was able to use a floor pump to inflate the tire without sealant, but air did leak from the valve stem. The leak stopped after adding sealant, bouncing and spinning the wheel around for a little while. It held air overnight and got me to work this morning.

At this point I feel like there's no going back to tubes simply because it would be such a pain. Tonight I'll work on the rear wheel and tomorrow I'll give my fingers a rest. Has anyone else put these on Bontrager TLR wheels?

Update: Rear tire mounting went much easier. Now I'm trying to correct slight wobbles in the front.

Last edited by Skaughtto; 08-08-19 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Update