Old 10-07-19, 10:12 AM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4805 Post(s)
Liked 3,927 Times in 2,553 Posts
Originally Posted by curbowman
I am short-sighted, so I need to use corrective glasses all the time and I haven't been able to find cycling goggles that can be wear over my glasses. I am afraid someday a bug or a small rock could hit my corrective glasses and damage them.

Unfortunately, the contact glasses I can use are no longer available here in Venezuela, so it's back to standard glasses for me.

If you know a brand of cycling goggles that can be worn over corrective glasses, please share a link on this thread. I thought I could also look for helmets with a visor that fits over my glasses, but I haven't found any around here. Any suggestion will be helpful. Thank you!
I am another near-sighted rider. (Also occasionally short-sighted, but I've never found the lenses to correct that.) I've been been using regular glasses for riding for 50 years with very few issues. I get the good, impact-resistant lenses and use good, strong metal frames (for both clean and sunglass lenses). At times I have used quality sunglass frames for my everyday glasses. Every time I've tried any form of goggles, I've run into difficulties with fogging plus 4 lens surfaces to keep clean drives me nuts. I also do not like that much stuff blocking my peripheral vision. (Main reason I wear metal frames.)

Edit: I do not have a reliable blink reflex so I cannot/will not ever wear contacts, I need my glasses to protect my eyes and they have many times. Very seldom has stuff hitting my glasses ever left a scratch. When it does, I think "thank you, glasses!", not dollars cost. (I trained out my blink reflex as a high school ice hockey goaltender. Figured out very early that if I blinked, the next shot scored. I could keep my eyes open, watch the puck hit my mask and know where it bounced to. That was the days of the sexy molded fiberglass masks. I had to use a cage since I had glasses. Now all the goalies wear cages. Getting hit in the cage doesn't hurt. Fiberglass does.)

Ben

Last edited by 79pmooney; 10-07-19 at 10:21 AM.