Old 11-13-18, 01:25 PM
queerpunk
aka mattio

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 35 Posts
i've been chewing over my season. Or really, over my past 3 seasons.

For this year - the good? A sole early-season win over riders who went on to race World Cups for the USA; improvement on UCI results (when the dust settled on my UCI season, I had enough points to be among the top ten american men in the scratch, points, and omnium); a few pro podiums later on in the season with the field lightened up, including taking a lap with Stephen Hall late in the season to podium a points race.

The bad & the ugly was having 2 of the past 3 seasons interrupted by intercity moves and jobhunting; a bad trip to elite nats and masters worlds that left bad tastes in my mouth; 3 crashes in 1 year, with some injuries including a concussion that I didn't recognize early enough or heal from fast enough. The schedule took a toll. All those hours on rollers in the basement in the winter took a toll. The crashes took a toll. The missed vacations and constant focus took a toll - I'm a little burnt out, and when I got home from my last race of the season last month, I didn't even unpack my track bike. It's still in its travel bag in my closet.

Last edited by queerpunk; 11-14-18 at 10:34 AM.