Thread: Addiction LXXIV
View Single Post
Old 05-04-19, 04:50 AM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
I have been wanting to become reacquainted with salty, smokey Virginia country ham. I looked it up and found a deal on 5-6 oz packs of slices for $44 delivered from a place called Smithfield Market. Not cheap, but not a kidney either for an occasional treat. It is cheaper in larger quantity, but I like the idea of the separate packages to preserve freshness, and I didn’t want too much anyway.

You guys know how I feel about biscuits. And there is nothing better on a biscuit than country ham. Not prosciutto. Not Serrano. Virginia ham and biscuits is the authentic pairing. The only downer is not being cooked, the slices have to be fried. But I guess that just makes them better.

I have some fig preserves we picked up last time we were driving through Breaux Bridge, LA on the way home from New Orleans. I cannot think of a more ideal condiment to set off the ham and biscuits than fig preserves. The reason sugar was invented.

Should have the ham next week. Stay tuned.

Originally Posted by LAJ
No matter where I go, here I am...