Old 10-22-19, 12:17 PM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by Alzerbster
I know a number of people that have E-bikes, and they don't ride them so they can go faster. Many times I will ride in a group of people that are retired, and a number of them will have E-bikes. They ride them so they have a little assist on inclines or when doing a long ride, and begin to tire they can use the electric motor to assist. I think the idea that 90% of all E-bikers ride to fast is false. I have encountered more analog riders speeding just because there are more of them. Its not much problem for someone on a regular bike to go 20 plus mph. I think the whole idea of parks and other areas banning e-bikes is ridiculous. they don't make any noise, and as someone else mentioned they are only noticeable by sight. Many older people buy them so they can ride a bike. I think its like anything else. If there is something to complain about, even though the complaints are unfounded, people are going to complain.
Your logic is flawed. E-bikes don't allow you "ride a bike." They allow you to ride a bike faster and with less effort.
Originally Posted by alloo
Like anything, the minority of inconsiderate bicycle riders ruin it for the majority. It doesn't matter human powered/electric assist. They do speed traps on my MUP, just not all the time. Most bicycles don't have speedometers, but ebikes do. Bicycles have been on the streets longer than cars, however most car drivers don't know that or respect history. I like dedicated bicycle lanes and MUP trails. We all want to be on bicycles can't we all learn to be good to each other. After all, if we can't self regulate then someone else will regulate us that doesn't ride. Is that a good alternative for you? It's up to you to represent the bicycle community. I commute to work my needs are different from a road racer or mountain biker or fat tire biker.
Exactly, And with the best designed paths there should be room for everyone to fulfill their needs.