Old 03-19-20, 01:32 PM
MRT2

Bikes: 2012 Salsa Casseroll, 2009 Kona Blast

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
I've read every post. Sigh. Never fails. After all the thrashing is done what has the o.p. learned? I'm not sure I learned anything here. Luckily I don't need the information. I won't add to the confusion by introducing yet another opinion but I will say this: all this hair splitting? It's pointless. The Laws of Thermodynamics are absolute and inflexible. A calorie is a calorie is a calorie. A pound of avoirdupus (fat) is 3500 calories. Period. Whether or not a 1 hour ride is 400 or 500 or even 600 calories ... ... irrelevant. Oops I may be showing a bias for the opinion that exercise doesn't matter as much as portion control ... <they're right> anyway, the population of American adults tends to overweight. Like 70% overweight. In spite of all the 'knowledge' out there about how to control weight. How about some of us 'listen' harder to proven success. Is that really so difficult?
Actually, I think we have reached something of a consensus, so OP should have learned quite a bit. It isn't unreasonable for OP to ask the question. So much marketing gives folks the impression that the way to lose weight is to take up an activity like cycling, running or swimming. Then the obvious question is the one OP asked, and which many people answered.