Old 06-27-20, 12:13 AM
Pactin

Bikes: Allez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ridethecliche
If you're comfortable on it for the rides you like going on you're not sacrificing anything.

Fit is dependent both on proportions and flexibility. If you feel like you need to be more stretched out in time you can get a longer stem. Did you buy that bike used, asking because it has no steerer tube left.
Good to hear. I only had the query when researching the fit of a new bike, not necessarily from feeling the need to stretch out more. With regards to how I got it, I built it. I slowly started chopping the steerer tube when I felt I could go lower and lower.

Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
Maybe, depends on your current balance. You would move the saddle back, probably also a good idea to get more reach. What you're shooting for w/r to reach is for your upper arms to make a 90° angle with your straight torso. Dropping your bars a little and moving them forward will have a positive effect on your aero position..
So if I understand correctly if I lengthened the stem I should compensate balance by moving saddle rearwards - both of which would increase reach?