Old 11-15-15, 03:15 PM
JMONAY
Some hooligan

Bikes: Several 3-speed Raleighs, several old road bikes, several old mountain bikes, all slightly or heavily modified

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Trakhak
A quick search for "Motobecane red mixte" (not that you mentioned Motobecanes, but they were very pretty bikes, too) pulled up one on the Minneapolis Craigslist (posted one day ago). Take a look; you may be able to work something out with the seller.

But you said that you want a non-high-tensile-steel bike (even though the Olympian was always high-tensile steel, if I remember correctly from my days working for a Raleigh dealer). In that case, look for Motobecane Grand Touring and Grand Jubile (not "Jubilee") mixtes.
Hmm, that is beautiful indeed. The color I as looking for before I stumbled on the Olympian, tbh. The motobecanes you mentioned were on the list of frames I was considering. Thanks for the link! I might wait to see if I find anything a little cheaper and closer. In the end, I'd rather save money than force to have this project finished "on time." Still considering, though. Also, I thought the Olympian was 555SL Chromoly mains with high tenile stays? I sold a Marathon earlier this year which was a step or two below the Olympian and had a single tube 502 Chromoly (which tube it was, i don't know ) I have heard people say the Olympian is hi-ten. and I have heard and read that it has some chromoly in it. Or maybe the mixte has more hi ten than the diamond frame. I don't know.

if it comes down to it, I don't have anything against hi-ten. All of my bikes at the moment happen to be hi-ten