View Single Post
Old 12-11-18, 11:43 AM
Indigo82

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 12 Posts
So many beautiful bikes in this thread. I wish I could post a photo of mine but this will be my third post only. I have several bikes but most recently I commute on my rigid steel mountain bike from 1994 when I was 12 years old. It was made in Italy but some generic low end bike. My first serious bike. Most of the parts have been changed but I still have the original dérailleurs and Shimano 6 / 3 speed thumb shifters. I thoroughly serviced the bike recently and did a new paint job in orange, so it is orange and black combination with silver aluminum high profile 26 inch rims. Brakes are Magura HS-11, powerful stoppers in comparison to old cantilever brakes. There are new Schwalbe Marathon tire 26 x 1.75. Bike goes like a dream without any weird sounds, complete silence. Who would say that it was my kids bike when I was barely able to touch the pedals and change down from the highest 18ths speed. Although I have a serious 27 speed mountain bike and a very nice 20 inch folding bike that I also love, my heart goes to this old steel friend.