View Single Post
Old 08-28-19, 09:39 AM
dz_nuzz
Rides too much bike

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
@topflightpro I don't know if I agree with that sentiment. I like running a team, it has brought me purpose, and the feeling of building something. Seeing it transform from just me and two friends to a domestic elite team (no matter how incredibly ****ty we are) and build a community really has left me with an overall positive experience. What I am struggling with is the saying "You either die a hero or live to see yourself become a villain". I feel myself at that point in the leadership of the team and I just can't let that happen. I have been the one who has gotten the sponsors, stepped in when the kit order needed someone to just make decisions, manage the legal paperwork, etc. It is too much on top of trying to also be one of the Cat 1s on the team and get results.
@TMonk and @hubcyclist : I have tried CX and MTB (and I may even race CX a bit more this year) but I really can't come to love them like I love road. Understand I am not burnt out with road riding, the opposite almost. I want to ride more but the stress of racing is finally causing me to snap. CX races have never gone well for me and they brought out this side of me far faster than road ever did. I don't need to immerse myself in more race stress.

P.S. I can't promise I will show to the MRC CX race but I will certainly try.