stardognine
Partially Sane.

Bikes: Soma Saga, pre-disc

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 972 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 468 Posts
Originally Posted by DropBarFan
The "naive" explanation doesn't make sense. Previous Woodstock caused all sorts of logistical issues; Stones had experienced fan violence even in their early days & had been notified about problems after UK Angels "security" at the Hyde Park concert. No good reason at all to hire Oakland Angels esp with their known history of violence including attacks on anti-war protesters. We're supposed to believe that hundreds of CHP & county cops were content to let drug-addled hippies enjoy the Altamont show (only making 3 arrests for drunk in public) & not even interfere when Angels are stabbing spectators & whipping them with motorcycle chains in plain view of 1,000's of witnesses?
I’m not so sure what happened, because I wasn’t there, but I didn’t see any chains being swung. 🤔 That one biker said someone kicked a bike, which is clearly instigating trouble. Without choosing sides, we can safely say a lot of people get “brave” when using drugs and/or alcohol, and that was probably true on both sides. The whole issue was, they hired the wrong kind of people for doing security work in the first place. The Angels were known for disturbing the peace, not keeping it. 🙄😉

I think Mr. Jagger learned that the hard way, huh?