Old 08-05-20, 01:37 PM
Pactin

Bikes: Allez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wgscott
My camera always makes stuff look worse, but it looks like new fork day to me.

If it is indeed new, I would put away the saw and see about warranty replacement.
Yes, it's funny how lighting can change perspective. But I did choose these from a number of pictures, as the most accurate to the real thing.

Originally Posted by msu2001la
If it were me, I'd take it into a qualified shop and have them look at it. You'll get a bunch of opinions on the internet that may or may not be right, but without seeing it in person I have no idea how anyone could determine if it's a potential concern or not.

I wouldn't take a chance on a steerer and now feel the need to pull my bike apart and inspect mine.
Sorry for causing you any paranoia I plan to take it to a shop later in the day to get a 3rd opinion, but figured I'd ask here to see if anyone could identify it as a big red flag.

I've contacted the distributor, who then contacted the company, and they both say they are superficial marks and part of the mfg process/within quality spec. But I feel the need to do my due diligence because of all the framesets I've built/worked on, I've never come across a carbon steerer tube this imperfect.
Likes For Pactin: