View Single Post
Old 10-11-19, 09:01 PM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4255 Post(s)
Liked 1,354 Times in 940 Posts
Originally Posted by philbob57
That's pretty arrogant. I simply don't see how you have much knowledge of other people's pocketbooks.

Probably pretty ignorant, too. Take a look at your income. Then take a look at income distribution in your state. Where do you fit in relation to the median? There are lots of people for whom a $300 bike is out of reach, much less $300 for a bike computer.
This makes no sense.

What the heck are you going on about?

You didn't read what I wrote.

If a $300 bike is "out of reach" of somebody, wouldn't a $150 computer also be "out of reach" for them?

No one was talking about people for whom a $300 bike was "out of reach".

As I said:

Usually, if people can spend $150 on a computer for navigation (the thing we are talking about), they can spend $300.

Originally Posted by philbob57
There are certainly problems with IGPSport products, especially in terms of documentation and troubleshooting, but the cost of the products is compelling.
Not just that. It got poor reviews. It might be a problem dealing with warranties (if that comes up). And it looks like it would be a nuisance to use for navigation (might be ok if you don't need navigation). The price doesn't that compelling for those potential headaches.

Last edited by njkayaker; 10-12-19 at 06:30 AM.