Old 10-24-19, 08:48 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by MoAlpha
So, aside from simply liking to work out and compete, the main reason I have been a lifelong endurance sports geek is to treat pretty significant anxiety and depression, which is a lot worse in the winter. This fall, using the new smart trainer during the week and tracking a.m. heart rate variability, I think I've found a level of training stress that makes the blues go away and should be sustainable through most of a reasonable training cycle.
I'm similar, but didn't really realize it until a lull in activity had me in the dumps and questioning what "normal" was; I've since become convinced that, in general, physical exertion is a significant component of mental and emotional well-being. We're animals that were made to work, and if we don't work, **** goes haywire. You also see this in domesticated dogs.

Originally Posted by MoAlpha
Makes me more positive about a power measurement system for the road bike, but I'm still ambivalent and sticker shocked. Plus, I might get fit, enter a race, and hurt myself.
Keep an eye on Power2Max in the upcoming season. Right now, and depending upon your BB, you might be able to set yourself up for $490, plus any applicable tax/shipping, but they often have specials this time of the year. For full power (not an estimation based on doubling a single side), this is still the best deal that I'm aware of. If you need new rings, get some Praxis from them at the same time - at ~$100 for the set, they're a good deal.