Thread: Culture change
View Single Post
Old 03-29-20, 05:31 PM
350htrr

Bikes: 27 speed ORYX with over 39,000Kms on it and another 14,000KMs with a BionX E-Assist on it

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
I am not aware that it was 'easy' to give up the things you mention. It was relatively easy to issue the orders to suspend them. The moving parts of a sports franchise centers around 5 to 11 individuals. You tell them to stay home and Bob's your uncle. Closing schools ... was that 'easy'? Let's admit it, many of us had a love/hate relationship with consumption. Some of us are glad to have the decision to go out for that restaurant meal taken away from us. The ongoing lack of access to gyms, hair salons, libraries, museums, etc. ... that's society we're talking about. We suspend that at our peril. When one is in the throes of acute respiratory failure I don't imagine one cares much about anything other than getting better. What about if/when one is perfectly healthy? Has there ever been, in human history, recorded or otherwise, a time when perfectly healthy people sheltered in place for months on end? Whose bright idea was this?
and... There's the tilting point of the problem we/the world is/are facing... There actually was times like today in the past... On the one side 2%, maybe as high as 10%, of people dying versus society crumbling but we need to just carry on... or, do we do what ancient society's did and close up shop, (kill anyone coming from another village)???... The difference is of course 30% dying of the black plague and no medical help, compared to 2% to 10% dying and lots of medical help. So... we go with plan "A", BUT, It does not mean plan "B" will not be required... I do believe the U.S.military is presently set to deploying to the border to Canada, as we speak... Just saying... I would "suspect, that that would change society a bit" maybe just a little bit, a teeny tiny, bit, but it WILL change things..??? of course it will...

Last edited by 350htrr; 03-29-20 at 06:28 PM.