Old 03-30-20, 04:17 PM
wktmeow

Bikes: CAAD 10

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 111 Posts
Originally Posted by Cypress
I'll be hitting 45 mins to an hour of recovery starting around 3:45 pm today.

Additionally, I would have thought Zwift would use this opportunity to roll out some big new roads/maps. I haven't really seen anything new in a while, and I feel like I end up on the same "roads" all of the time. New York is a worthless world, London is boring, Virginia is forgettable... Innsbrusk is the only other world I enjoy, and it's super rare on the schedule. I ride to get away from civilization, so why would I want to ride around major cities virtually???

You'd think Zwift would be paying attention and taking notes on how many people are choosing Watopia over the default world. People are inherently lazy, so when 60% of user take the second to click "Watopia" over New York, shouldn't that be an indication that riding a representation of the Alpe d'Huez is preferred over riding some hazy glass above a city park?

While I was riding yesterday, I thought a fun thing would be to invert gravity and make a road that rides down to the bottom of the Mariana Trench, then you have to "descend" back out of it. Riders would be in old-timey dive suits, and the light and wildlife would change (accurately) as you went deeper.
I'm not a fan of any of the worlds other than Wattopia tbh, I only join them if I want to roll with a friend that's already doing it. London's box and leith hills are OK but I get annoyed by the subway staircases that are like 15% or whatever, sucks to drop down to like 2 mph if I'm recovering from an effort or something.
Likes For wktmeow: