Old 01-25-18, 07:58 PM
ridesoldtrek
RidesOldTrek

Bikes: 2018 Velo Orange Campeur, 1976 Trek TX-500, 1990 Bridgestone MB-3, 1983 Trek 500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts
You're right FBinNY, it has been a year (longer now!), but I think it's good to air bad vibes on a company that deserves them.

I'm also having a not so good experience with them right now. Ordered a set of Shimano XT hubs. Shipping time was fine, but the hubs came loose in a box with some packing paper (no factory packaging), and the plastic cap on the adjustable nut of one QR skewer was missing. Their packing slip Return Policy: No returns on items without their original factory packaging. Huh...

I emailed them with info and pics on a Friday night, they responded pretty quickly, said they would get back to me Monday but that they would accept a return without packaging if that's how it arrived. Good, but why are they selling hubs loose?

It's one week later and no response so far. I've been very busy so have not followed up, until today. Emailed them at 3:00 pm their time, still no response this evening.

Given the number of bad experiences expressed in this thread so far, it's clear their performance and service level is spotty at best. A little wider internet search and you'll see they have a pretty poor record. A single post on Glassdoor.com from a former employee paints a stark picture.

What to take from all of this? Great businesses, large or small, will stand out with rave reviews and super satisfied customers. Bad businesses look like Niagara. To look as bad as Niagara does takes owners that are focused things other than customers or employees.

Niagara accepts returns (must be within 30 days or so) but charges a 15% restocking fee. Jenson bikes accepts returns with no restocking fees for 1 year. Interesting contrast of how they relate to customers.

I'll also note that I ordered some rims from them through Amazon (at the same time, before this experience with hubs). Order arrived fine, no problems. But its my first time buying rims online so I don't know if other sellers package them differently.