View Single Post
Old 07-10-14, 06:18 PM
atombikes

Bikes: homebuilt FWD recumbents, Genesis 20" folding bike, 1986 Schwinn Tempo, Cannondale Beast of the East, 70's Peugeot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
5 mile shakedown today at the local trail. Front brakes a little grabby, even though I thought I had them adjusted fairly well. Shifter does just as it should, but I noticed that the shifting was a little off, like the rear derailleur was searching between adjacent cogs. My fault, I didn't replace the derailleur because even though my travel tools has a chain breaker, I don't have a removable link for the KMC chain. So will have to buy one of those, and while I'm at it, I'm gonna get a couple cable sheath stops so I can shorten both brake cables. They're wayyyy too long.

The 100psi Primo Comets roll forever it seems.

I haven't added everything up yet, but I think I currently have around $340 into this bike. Of course, I did add some stuff from my parts bin that didn't cost anything, like the shifters. They came off a bike I pulled from the trash.

Oh, and that Gyes saddle tore my butt up! Going to have to get used to that for awhile, I guess.

Last edited by atombikes; 07-10-14 at 07:08 PM.