View Single Post
Old 11-19-14, 06:44 PM
northbend 

Bikes: 1937 Hobbs; 1977 Bruce Gordon; 1987 Bill Holland; 1988 Schwinn Paramount (Fixed gear); 1999 Fat City Yo Eddy (MTB); 2018 Woodrup (Touring) 2016 Ritchey breakaway

Mentioned: 291 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked 3,794 Times in 668 Posts
@qcpmsame Thanks and Happy Birthday Bill.

I took the photo last weekend while I was laid up with a bad cold with nothing better to do. It sits in the TV room in our house - the only bike my wife allows me to keep inside as long as it's clean..
The rest of the bikes I have live in the Garage :-)

The bike is an Alex Singer; made in Paris around 1974, ordered by a guy in Toronto. I bought the frameset from a collector a few years ago and I pieced it together with a mixture of components - Campagnolo Derailluers, Headset and Hubs (tubular super competition rims), Simplex Retroshifters and Seatpost, Ideale seat, TA Crankset and bottle holders, Berthet Pedals, Mafac Competition Brakeset and a beautiful Fiamme Stem I had to sand down to fit the metric steerer tube. The only modern pieces are the Handlebars are from Grand Bois (modeled after an old french bar shape) and some really neat toe clips from King Cage that are welded from stainless steel wire. I rode this in the Cino Heroica vintage bike rally in Montana and it worked flawlessly, a real joy to ride.