View Single Post
Old 04-09-15, 03:49 PM
kurtp13

Bikes: Trek 820, Cannondale F500 with Trekking bars and road tires, Bianchi Alfana, Panasonic PCI "Les Maillots", Cannondale M1000 Tandem, Schwinn Johnny, Trek Lime, 1964 Armstrong, 1962 Raleigh Gazelle, 1964 AMF Hercules, Brooklyn Cruiser Driggs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by icedmocha
Are there any effective steering tube bottle holders? I tried the one in the OP and the fit was too tight.

I am using the Bell Clinch 600 which has a rubber contact to the tube and velcro straps to tighten it to the tube. I wanted something that could be taken off quickly if I need to move it when packing. At first I was disappointed in the retention of the bottle. It fell off a few times on bumps. I had it positioned on the back side of the steering tube. Since then I moved it to the side of the tube which seems to work much better. After moving it I lost the bottle one time on a severe bump. Because the opening is now on the side, the bottle stays in much better. I even bought another cage since then. Walmart now carries them in the store. I initially saw it at Target.