View Single Post
Old 12-28-18, 08:00 PM
tigat

Bikes: 2021 Trek Checkpoint SL (GRX Di2), 2020 Domane SLR 9 (very green), 2016 Trek Emonda SL, 2009 Bianchi 928, 1972 Atala Record Pro

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 143 Times in 55 Posts
I like pictures more than words, and saddle sores more than arguments in a thread that has been, for more than five years, a collection of images that capture our mutual love of the places we have discovered on our bicycles.

Personally, I am a stubborn traditionalist. As a one-handed rider, I am committed to navigating a two-wheeled, diamond frame, drop bar, fully human powered bicycle as long as I can. Along the way, I've been lucky to have friends and industry players help make that journey safer and more enjoyable. As an adaptive sports coach for more than 4 decades, I've also seen technology open up horizons unimagined for physically and cognitively challenged athletes.

When the day comes that I need to decide on a recumbent trike to keep me somewhat upright, or an electric assist to carry me up a pass to the spot that always takes my breath away, I'd prefer that the choice be mine.