Old 05-18-20, 06:49 PM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,395 Times in 2,092 Posts

After all, it was free...and it matches the front derailer.

I'm not sure if this suspension lockout lever has the travel necessary to pull the front derailer, but we'll find out tomorrow.

I'm also on the hunt for a Paul Duplex brake lever in black (for a better price than new, obviously). The current $12 Sunlite POS I have clamped onto it right now has one major flaw: The pull of the lever is dependent on each brake cable. If one cable snaps, you lose both brakes. Not a fan.

Also waiting on a longer rear brake cable. 1700mm is about 30mm too short. Not sure what that adjuster barrel is from, but it was in my parts pile and has M4 (I think) threads, which allowed it to fit where the pinch bolt would otherwise go.

The Suntour Swing fork, from factory, has a secondary bolt installed below the damper bolt. It hooks up to the crown of the swinging part of the fork, passes through the upper fixed crown, and floats about 3mm above it. I believe it's there as an emergency stop, if the fork exceeds its uncompressed length of travel. There's no other explanation for it.

At any rate, I needed to hook a steering return spring to this area, so I took that bolt out and replaced it with an eyelet bolt. Serves the same exact function, but it gives me a place to hook up that return spring.

-Kurt

Likes For cudak888: