View Single Post
Old 09-26-20, 03:15 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
It’s always a great day when you get a chance to ride with Jerry Adams. Jerry has figured out how to ride all around the City of Charlotte on bike friendly roads and trails. I thought riding a route like that would be impossible. However we started north of Charlotte and completely circled downtown and even rode down to I485 just north of Pineville. His routes use a combination of trails, greenways, roads with bike lanes, subdivisions, a few sidewalks and even little single track.

A couple of Jerry’s buddies, Greg and Oren joined us. We rode 50 miles on our gravel bikes and not once did it feel like we were on roads with heavy traffic. Lunch was a really good fried chicken sandwich at Bossys on Freedom Dr. Right next to Bossys is a newish BBQ/Brewery that definitely deserves a visit.

My hats off to Charlotte for continuing to add cycling infrastructure and connect various trails together. It certainly doesn’t happen overnight and while there is still much more to do, they’ve continued to chip away at it. What a really fun day!!!

Murals all around Charlotte. These were behind some buildings.

Greg supervising the flat repair.

See the white sealant on the path?

A view of uptown from a local university.

My Lynskey gravel bike.

Crossing over I77