Old 09-11-19, 12:50 PM
qclabrat

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 70 Times in 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Kapusta
It

Well that is just your personal taste, and one definitively NOT shared by people racing DH and Enduro where 27.5 is much, much more common than 27.5+.
I've ridden both at DH parks and personally prefer the smaller 27.5 wheels, also there aren't many plus tires with DH casings either
Though what the pros ride shouldn't matter, they are gravitating towards low BB 29r rigs. It could be what the manufacturers are pushing, like how every PGA player uses graphite shafts now.
Here's a few interesting bike checks and more than half are 29rs.
https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/WO...S-Maribor,2669

Don't like seeing this thread moving in a 27.5 haters direction. I had trouble dropping my 26rs a few years ago along with so many telling me they were crap. I actually road my first gen Ibis Mojo this past weekend after being shelved for some time. The first few hours were were sketchy and awkward till I was able figure out how 20 years of differences changed the way I rode. Afterwards, though I was still not fully comfortable, I was having a blast. Actually the biggest difference from me to overcome were the 10 year old Geax Gatos, they are near new, but the compounds are so much stickier now. Coming around turns I was definitely braking more than normal and the steeper headtube were no help either. But is did ride with 760mm bars, sub-700 bars is something never be able to get back to.

Ride what you brung and take everyone's opinions as just that.
btw: I was considering selling the Mojo, but it's moved back up to #2 of bikes I'll never sell