View Single Post
Old 02-12-21, 04:31 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4367 Post(s)
Liked 4,006 Times in 2,675 Posts
A lot of people have that feeling on Microshift. I wanted to hate on them for years but honestly I keep seeing the stuff they do and am impressed. They make thumb shifters and bar end shifters for just about everything including modern stuff they have a decently thoughtout drivetrain for MTB and gravel that isn't out of the park expensive and even their mid tier shifters aren't too bad. I have a friend and co-worker/mechanic and she has the high end microshift carbon groupset from a few years ago and she is quite happy with it and honestly it is a good look.

I think a lot of people rip on them because they do see the bad stuff and see it a lot of cheaper bikes and don't really understand the full scope of what they have or just know XT and XTR good SRAM XXXXX10101010 is good but I think the tide is starting to change a little.

If I were doing 1x MTB 10 speed and up would probably be the lower limit, If I was doing 9 speed or below 2x or 3x would be what I go with personally. However it depends on your shifting as with Advent you can do a wide range 1x9 and if you aren't someone who will miss the cassette cogs that aren't there go for it.