Old 11-26-19, 10:45 AM
TheLizard

Bikes: 2001 Trek 8000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 18 Posts
Like most others, I only obey the traffic laws that make sense.

My commute looks like this:

- Riverside Drive is a narrow road by the river with as much pedestrian and bike traffic as cars, not stop signs or lights.

- The bridge I have to cross has a car-wide shoulder / non-travel lane. I use that lane to ride in (I guess that's disobeying the law if taken literally, but I'm sure everyone appreciates that I'm not in the travel lane, as it's a 45 mph bridge).

- I have to turn left at the next intersection, it's really busy. So, yea, I move to the middle of the lane and wait for the light.

- Since the Gambles Mill Corridor is not open yet, I have to go through the University campus. I'm on the sidewalk there some (perfectly legal).

- Quiet neighborhood where I'm climbing big hills. Almost no traffic. I slow and check at stop signs, but don't stop usually.

- Busy road next, I have to travel on for about 2 blocks. YES I obey the stop sign there.

- More quiet neighborhoods. Slow and check at stop signs, but don't stop, except for at 2 busy roads that I have to cross.

- The next big intersection, I obey the stop light there, waiting in the center of the lane.

- One more stop light. Not a busy road, but it's on a timer, so I wait until I have the left turn light green.

OH, on the way home, just before the bridge, I cut through the shopping center at the "V" intersection, ignoring the big "NO CUT THROUGH" signs. That intersection is busy and dangerous. best to avoid!!