Old 01-14-20, 06:47 AM
bruce19

Bikes: CAAD 12, MASI Gran Criterium S, Colnago World Cup CX & Guru steel

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1722 Post(s)
Liked 1,272 Times in 734 Posts
Originally Posted by RNAV
Nice bike! How do you like it? I'm beginning to realize that a Washoe simply may not happen due to availability, so I'm looking at other alternatives that have similar geometry and tube selection.
The Guru is my favorite bike of all the bikes I've owned in 40 yrs of cycling. It's what is called a "square 55" meaning the frame and TT are 55 cm. I bought it from a friend for $1200. It had been ridden about 6 times but it was too big for her. It also came with SRAM Rival and Mavic Ksyrium Eliite clinchers. Over the past 3 yrs I have upgraded to SRAM Red and Mavic USTs. The last time I weighed it I think it came in at 17 lb 10 oz. Not bad for steel. BTW, it's Columbus Spirit tubing. FWIW, this June my GF bought me a CAAD 12 for my 73rd birthday. It came with Shimano 105 and I also put Mavic USTs on it. It's also fairly light at around 17 lb 8 oz. It may be the equal of my Guru for pure fun and comfort. I would not overlook an AL bike. They can be awesome. Both bikes are quick and responsive. Back to the Guru....unfortunately, Guru is also out of business. I believe they were made in Montreal. Here's a pic of that CAAD 12.