Velo Vol 
VFL For Life

Bikes: Velo Volmobile

Mentioned: 780 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28441 Post(s)
Liked 1,832 Times in 1,300 Posts
Originally Posted by 2manybikes
You might have rust that fell or was pushed down into the cables. I use stainless cables, they don' t rust. There could be scraped places that create friction too. I tell people to replace the housing too. Some of my friends, tried not replacing the housing, Each one of them regretted that decision.
How is the Arthritis?
Originally Posted by Bah Humbug
Stainless steel can absolutely rust under the right (wrong) conditions, it just takes longer.
It's been several years and I don't remember what the guy used, but I thought it was a good cable brand. I noticed the top was was a bit discolored, but I didn't pay much attention until a few weeks a ago when I went on the first ride requiring the front derailleur in a few months. I shifted and nothing happened. Oy. Got home and found rust. I WD-40ed it and it shifts for now, but probably should replace, eh?

I just had a Remicade infusion on Friday. My knees are better, but I've still got noticeable inflammation on one, which is a bit worrying. Maybe it just needs a few more days. I've reached the infusion point because the easier drugs aren't cutting it. And if this doesn't work, well, there's only so many drugs to try.