Old 11-12-17, 10:54 PM
gugie 
Bike Butcher of Portland

Bikes: It's complicated.

Mentioned: 1299 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4669 Post(s)
Liked 5,768 Times in 2,272 Posts
Hey, I can read emails and type replies pretty quickly. That typing class in high school comes in handy...
@stahlrahmen sends me lots of pictures of things he wants on this frame. Almost always it's something I've either done before, or wanted to try out. A minimalist cable stop was one of those things. I had to turn the flame down way low for this bit. It turned out exactly as I wanted it to:

The Paragon barrel adjuster has 6 little cut outs around the edge. They act like 1/6 turn index stops against the 2.0mm spokes I used to hang it - no spring or lock nut required. Serendipity, I didn't plan it that way. I think i'll do it like that from now on, though!

The front rack is slightly different than ones I've done in the past. A little longer, which will help triangulate the low rider mounts better à la Singer. I'm really starting to like this design.

More to come.