Old 08-14-18, 10:34 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,094 Times in 5,053 Posts
Originally Posted by Clyde1820
If a user of a MUP and I find that some folks are really abusing it and putting others at risk, I'd certainly say something.

And if it came to such folks frequently doing so on that route, such as frequently disregarding traffic controls and/or whizzing by people unsafely, I'd probably mention it to local LE so they could be aware and begin enforcing the laws/regs there.

Now, if it were a bike-only type route, that'd be something completely different. But, still, since everyone else has every right to also use the path reasonably, and to be free from deliberately-induced unsafe conditions, it'd be much like the MUP example.

Do I really care? Insofar as serious threat of injuries exist in such mixed-use situations where one party is grossly abusing things to the point of recklessness/wantonness? Yup, at that level of risk.

But, that's me.

I have definitely yelled at strangers for riding like that on MUPs, especially after they've had close calls with kids they seemed utterly oblivious to.