View Single Post
Old 07-21-19, 08:47 PM
bradyweb

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito CV Disc Ultegra | Fuji Sportif 1.5 - 2017 | Windsor Cyclo Cross Bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by nomadmax
Here's the short answer: No you can not close a gap of 16 mph AV to 21 mph AV with a better bike. Not even with the BEST bike will do that unless it has a mid drive electric motor. More fitness, more specifically, cycling fitness will help close that gap. There are some very knowledgeable people here regarding training methods. Have a look around for already posted material, no need to re-invent the wheel. If you're serious about going fast, get serious about your training, nutrition and rest. Then, when you've stepped thru that door and you need that last 1-2% buy a really nice bike. For now, with all the additional training it can't hurt to have a spare set of wheels but I wouldn't buy a new bike yet.
Sorry, Max. I should have been more clear. I know there is no way I can catch the good guys, I just wondered if a greatly better bike might get me another MPH on average, to get me slightly closer. Your point is well taken about training and fitness. In the meantime I was curious if I could be a little better/faster on a higher quality bike.

Thanks for the quick and great replies to all.