PilotFishBob 
So it goes.

Bikes: A few. Quite a few.

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Liked 639 Times in 261 Posts
Originally Posted by Chombi1
I actually owned a 1955 MGA convertible, given to me by my Dad when I was in highschool (before I was old enough to drive.) I did not really get to drive it, but as we had to sell it before I can drive it, to finance my college. At least I got to do restoration work on it with my Dad before we sold it. Since that time I always dreamed of finally getting my own little sportscar. Took all this time before it happened because life/obligations/responsibilities had always been the priority over everything, never mind all those challenging years of just trying to survive through a few recessions, but cannot be more happy that it finally did....

When I saw this newest Miata RF (Retractable Fastback), it kinda reminded me, shape and size-wise of the Opel GT from the 70's. A car that I always admired because of its timeless good looks.

See the similarities?

Confesssion time - I owned an Opel GT in my 20's before I got the Spit. Blue with airbrushed sides, wish I had some pics but few were taken and none survived - it was stunning. Sadly, it was my least favorite car ever for a lot of reasons, some due to it's age and condition and some due to design issues. I was hooked by the looks but slapped by the reality (sort of like a few bikes I've had).