Old 11-11-19, 11:32 PM
OldCruiser

Bikes: Most of my bikes are Single Speed Conversions

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked 3,067 Times in 1,015 Posts
Originally Posted by JehD
Mines the "regular". Its funny, my old C1 had the Electra knobbies and I liked the look but they did have a little hum to them. The smooth tires on the 7D are super quiet and so is the freewheel, Im really impressed. Coasted down the hill on a ride the other day and even at over 32 mph its silent.
I’d like to see a tall frame before I bought one . The regular feels small to me after riding the Fat Tire and my Roll .
My old C1 came with the knobby cruiser tires . They sucked . Not only did they hum , they didn’t coast good at all . You didn’t need brakes , just stop peddling and the bike would slow down . The tires that came on my new C1 were a lot better .
First thing I did to my Rockhopper was swap out the tires for some Maxxis Hookworms , since if I do go off-road with it , it’ll be on a smooth trail and I won’t be going fast . I’ve had enough spills lately.
I can’t decide whether to buy a new Cruiser with gears or build an old Fuji mountain bike frame into a two speed cruiser. I’ve got the parts .
Ive got to get my wrists well first . Can’t use a screwdriver without pain .
It’s killing me not being able to do work on my bikes