View Single Post
Old 12-07-19, 02:40 PM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
It took some time but I finally purchased the good stuff. Just the protein without any of the additives and preservatives. It is super expensive (so not something that I will be getting regularly), but I at least wanted to try it so I could honestly judge whether its worth it.

I was torn between brands but chose Nutricost simply because I already have some of their other products (creatine, citrulline, yohimbine, etc.) and have been completely satisfied with their quality. The brand you linked also has high ratings -- and comes with a money back guarantee -- so maybe I'll probably try that one next month.

Anyway, I'm interested to see how well it mixes, and what the unflavored tastes like. I keep lots of fruit around, but if there's a bad after-taste that comes through, I can always buy some coco powder to mask it. I'm not too keen about mixing it in with my regular meals the way some people do. But maybe with the unflavored, I can investigate some new baking ideas? Stay tuned.
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
Isolate: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M2X4KM2 $14/lb. Tastes good in water. More likely to use it if it tastes good.
Taste is most important, but also its mixability. I have a blender, but if I'm out (typically when protein drinks come in handy), it has to be mixable by shaker bottle.