Old 02-26-19, 10:57 AM
Clyde1820

Bikes: 1996 Trek 970 ZX Single Track 2x11

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked 564 Times in 428 Posts
Originally Posted by youcoming
Weigh in this week was a surprise down to 220.4 was not expecting that much of a drop but I’ll take it. One of my sub goals was getting to 220 before March 8th when I live for a trip to New York City. I’m not a city person but for some reason I fell in love with NYC.
Congratulations on the journey. Slow and steady wins the race, so to speak.

Another behavior to add to the arsenal: portion control. And when it comes to the occasional "bad" (or "not so good for you") food item ... severe portion control, as in just a bite or two. You get the taste, get to enjoy, but you refrain from going overboard on the calories, on the insulin response, the subsequent energy "crash."

Nutrient-dense items are best. Better still, nutrient dense foods in their natural forms. You can prepare items in larger quantities ahead of time (ie, diced veggies for salads, but placed in an air-tight container in the refrigerator), to minimize the frequency of prepping. Before the stuff goes wonky in the refrigerator, move to the freezer and continue to add those items to meals as you go. Such as, fresh veggies for salads for the first several days; then, freeze the remaining veggies you don't finish, adding those veggies to soups and bakes and other dishes you prepare over the following week(s).

Definitely look at the consistency and quality of your workouts, as well. Frequency and consistency can be a very good thing, for long-term weight management. A decent bit of cardio most every day of the week, with some of that harder-hitting "interval" type exercise. It can burn up a lot of calories. Combine with portion control and knocking off one-third or so of your "normal" servings, then weight loss can come much more easily. In time, you'll find the rhythm of intake that coincides with the level of calorie expenditure you're consistently achieving.

Keep up the good work.