Old 05-02-19, 11:24 AM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18376 Post(s)
Liked 4,511 Times in 3,353 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
What product of any practical value would tnat have provided to you; or anybody else involved in this incident?
In the case of the simple rear-end accident, it probably would have done little... the guy in the last car would have still carried liability.

It depends a bit on resolution, reflections, & etc if one might be able to determine attention elsewhere than on the road.

If I had actually been bumped (primary, or secondary), it could have actually helped a lot. Or, as I mentioned, all the vehicles continued moving after the crash, so again, I was at risk of being driven into shortly after the crash (so I exited stage right very quickly).

For the MB/Caddy accident above, a pair of dash cams would have provided a good view of what was happening to the point of almost gruesome detail. But, they would have also helped answer the question of road position, visibility, and driver reaction to the cyclist.

The Face Cam in the Uber Self Driving accident also provided valuable info of what the "driver" was doing at the time of the accident. Although, it would be tough to convince people to install cameras that could be self-incriminating.

Front/Rear cams on the cyclist may or may not have also captured important details.