Old 05-16-16, 08:10 AM
WalksOn2Wheels
Vain, But Lacking Talent

Bikes: Trek Domane 5.9 DA 9000, Trek Crockett Pink Frosting w/105 5700

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1525 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 42 Posts
Wow, everyone's out riding and kicking ass, and I'm just mowing lawns, cleaning the house and making lunch for my mom as we weren't able to get together last weekend for Mother's Day.

Ok, I did pick up and work on some bikes Saturday, but did not squeeze in any riding except for short test rides. I made a deal with a friend to take his two bikes and produce one good one. Turns out the Specialized Hardrock was basically perfect. Gave it a wash, lubed the cables and chain, and it's awesome. I need to true up the wheels and might as well pull and service the BB as well. The other was a Giant Iguana with suspension fork. I'm basically just taking the wheels from it. I told him to ride the Specialized for a bit and then we can talk about if he wants to make some changes like going to drop bars (I had shown him my project bike).

And in the interest of living in the now, but still making the mortgage payment, I dropped 200 bucks on a rack+handlebar bag setup for the Specialized. I will eventually build a second bike and the rack and bag will get used, so I don't count it in the expense of the bike. I think I might get away with less than 200 bucks on the bike build. Less than 150 if I end up skipping the dynamo hub build.