View Single Post
Old 09-11-19, 06:55 AM
eja_ bottecchia

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1020 Post(s)
Liked 463 Times in 293 Posts
Originally Posted by Spoonrobot
What? Your post states you’ve never been bothered by a dog while riding. So how would you know anything about farm dogs in your area?

Or was the implication that being chased by dogs doesn’t bother you? Reading it now I’m not clear.

Dog incidents, like flat tires, are not evenly distributed among the riding population. I had a serious dog attack my first three months riding as an adult, then I never saw a chasing dog for four+ years and now I get a aggressive dog every couple rides or so since I ride gravel way out in the country.

Last ride I did in Carroll County GA I got chased by 27 dogs total. 7 of which were aggressive enough that they tried to bite my shoes while I was still pedaling. Rural Georgia has a ton of kept strays and wild dogs, something that has to be experienced to be believed. Lake Lanier ain’t been rural for a couple decades, that was my main riding area from 2012-2013 and I never had a chasing dog in almost a thousand hours of riding around there.
Georgia, the land of killer dogs.

I read someplace that dogs, like other animals, smell fear. After reading so many of these posts, both from people like me who have never been bothered by dogs and by people like you who are being constantly chased by dogs, I am beginning to think that there might be some truth to that.

In any event, enjoy your ride and be safe out there. If the dogs won’t get you, the boys driving pick up trucks with large Confederate flags might.