View Single Post
Old 04-28-14, 12:27 AM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 251 Posts
Originally Posted by 01 CAt Man Do
Currently I use one of the Bikase ( handyman ) phone/case/mount holders. While not the most prettiest thing to have attached to your front stem, if you close all the zippers the phone is completely protected from rain.
I use something similar and altered the original to suit me better. I sewed the hoop side of velcro material to the back of the mount and glued the hook side to the phone. With this I can attach the phone and have the PVC cover zipped if it is raining or not if the weather is fair. I have such mounts solidly attached to a couple of bikes and one more attachable for travel, if I get a bike locally or take along a folder. The PVC can crack after a while but most often can be repaired using a vinyl glue, without hampering much operation in the rain. This PVC cracking is presumably is the most annoying part of my current system. A cable can be passed through the zipper and I have a waterproof amp/speaker system on my main bike. For navigation in the rain, though, I found the sound transmitted through PVC good enough.