Old 04-30-14, 10:04 AM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 245 Times in 181 Posts
Originally Posted by irishtexmex
If you have an iPhone, the quadlock is tough to beat.

I have an Android, and I would say I'm an ardent supporter of the Delta Smartphone Caddy II due to the differing sizes of various Android phones. When it comes to universal mounts, it's without question the best combination of support (it wraps around every edge of the phone) and ease of use/ingress/egress (takes me 1-2 seconds to put in or take out my phone). RAM Mounts are bulletproof mounts, and they're great in automobiles, but I still swear by the Delta.
You comment about the quad lock and the iPhone is not accurate. You can mount any phone to the quad lock mount using their universal adaptor. I've had it mounted to my iPhone in an Otterbox and I currently do it with an iBattz Battery case. You take one of these adaptors and just stick on on the back of whatever you want to use. For example, I'm looking at mounting a Wahoo Fitness RFLKT+ on my stem using this method.

That is not true of many (most) of the other mounting solutions. For most phones, they do not have the legs in the battery to go much longer than a couple of hours (usually less) on the internal battery. For this reason, mounting it to a battery case is generally a good idea.

J.