View Single Post
Old 05-16-14, 03:43 AM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
I just placed an order for the Satechi Ridemate Bike mount. Once again I'm opting for "function" rather than form. I can't see being on an extended ride and having to figure out what to do with the phone if the mount doesn't protect the phone from the possibility of rain. The reviews are good for the Satechi. If you don't have an iphone or newer Samsung phone, finding a waterproof case designed for bike use is tough going.

@SpiderDad.....I like the look and function of the Rokform. Once again if you are using an iphone or newer Samsung phone the Rokform mount would be one of the coolest looking mounts that I've seen. Lookng at the close-up photo of the case; the case has open ports for accessing the phone side buttons and plugs. This means if you encounter rain you need a strategy for weather-proofing the phone ( or putting the phone away so it doesn't get wet ).

When I get the Satechi next week I'll post up and give my opinion. Ya know, I just got thinking...if you encounter a really driving rain while using your phone for navigation I really doubt that you will be able to hear any prompts unless you are using some sort of bluetooth speaker/head phone device. Even so those might not function well in a really driving rain storm. ( as I write this a really nasty rain storm is passing through my area and making one hell of a noise...lots of wind, lots of rain ) I hope like hell that it all passes so I can take a ride. I'm getting annoyed at all the rain that I've had to deal with over the last couple weeks. So far this spring I've seen at least 4 flash flood warnings. That is not a good sign of things to come.

Last edited by 01 CAt Man Do; 05-16-14 at 03:48 AM.