Old 11-07-16, 12:45 PM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 182 Posts
Obviously designed as one of the affordable entry level recumbent bikes when you look up the components and prices on Bikepedia. Listed weight is ~45 pounds which makes it one of the heavier bikes for its design. MSRP for all models seemed to top out at around $500 and disappeared from the listings after 2000 when only two models were listed. You can get an idea of what they show here 1997 ReBike ReBike 818 - BikePedia Match the colors and components and you will know what year it was made or look at the hubs which sometimes have a date on them. The easiest way is to look at the inside of the crank arm but this bike has a one-piece crank so that doesn't work. If you need to get tires, check out the selection at the Niagara Cycle website. 16" tires are pretty rare but this site has 2 pages from around $6 to $40 Tires & Tubes - Tires - 16" - Page 1 - Niagara Cycle. Ditto for 20" tires. I use a $14 406 tire on the front of my Catrike 700 and absolutely love them.

There are true bargains out there. I paid $240 for an early 1980s Kaan Body Shop Linear long wheelbase bike with the idea of using it for parts for a newer Linear I owned but found it was in great shape and never ended up taking it apart.