Old 10-28-18, 02:11 PM
Robert C

Bikes: This list got too long: several ‘bents, an urban utility e-bike, and a dahon D7 that my daughter has absconded with.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 48 Posts
It isn't that it is hard from a physical point of view. The problem is actually getting to the range without being arrested. Here is an excerpt of the problem encountered by my daughter.
Are you talking about the[shooting range name removed]? My daughter stopped there to ask about the range and it was made abundantly clear, by some police that were there, that she was very unwelcome. She used to enjoy shooting with friends, when we lived in California. However, that visit to the range left her with a rather sour taste.

She rides her bicycle everywhere and at 29 still does not have a drivers license. When looking at data for millennials, this is not too unusual. She rode to the range to find out if there would be an issue with a rifle, in a case, on the bicycle trailer. Her main question was if she could roll her bicycle up to the shooting line. If she could then she would be able to set a trailer up, just for range trips, and not be constantly packing and unpacking shooting stuff. She also wanted to know if the range allowed Black-Powder, as that is her main interest.

The police there told her that if she was ever seen with a firearm on a bicycle, even cased and on the trailer, carry permit or not, she would be arrested. They went on to say that the firearm would not be returned. They also told her that they would not allow her to lock the bicycle when arresting her and that her permit to carry would be revoked (It's a $5,500 custom built bicycle, when you think in terms of not having a car, it makes some sense, assuming the police don't just toss it to the bike thieves. The rifle she wanted to shoot was a Black-Powder Sharps, the weapon of choice for violent hoodlums nowhere).

Apparently it was a pretty rude and aggressive encounter. It definitely left her a lot less interested in doing much shooting. I mentioned driving her to the range, thus avoiding the issue of firearm near a bicycle. She wasn't interested, the incident left her pretty sour.