Old 01-18-19, 08:02 AM
Rob_E

Bikes: Downtube 8H, Surly Troll

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Tunco
You may want to try to actually remove the handlebar remote button, because I think - as already mentioned above - that the culprit is actually the handlebar button. It could be possible that after removing the handlebar button that the headlight will work properly again, i.e. beeing able to be switched on/off again. Of course, no USB-charging will be possible, but at least the headlight works again properly. Keep us posted on that. If you try it, I would love to know the outcome.
Right now I have a functioning headlight. As long as that remains the case, I'm not going to mess with it. The fact that the button on the headlight isn't 100% reliable is a minor inconvenience, and, in reality, it's possible that the button works fine. It's just that I can't press it while the bike is in motion, and it's hard to tell what, if anything, the button is doing when the bike is not in motion. So it's easier to leave it on. If I replace the light with something more reliable, I may be more inclined to tinker.