Old 05-09-19, 04:10 AM
Trevtassie

Bikes: A steel framed 26" off road tourer from a manufacturer who thinks they are cool. Giant Anthem. Trek 720 Multiroad pub bike. 10 kids bikes all under 20". Assorted waifs and unfinished projects.

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 1,154 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by siltsunrise
Word to the wise: don't buy the luxos! It's crap! I've had two of them, and my girlfriend and housemate had one each, and they have all been plagued with serious problems: Completely dying. Not turning off when bike is parked. USB charger failing. Remote cables and buttons failing/breaking. Water intrusion.

BUMM replaced my first dead one, although I didn't have a receipt any more. Kudos for that one. But on the next dead one they royally stonewalled me. I had bought it brand new from a seller on ebay and when it died after a couple months, they wouldn't accept the valid receipt because I wasn't the original buyer. So, I tracked the ebay seller down, sent the light back to him, and he had to take it to the shop for me. They were real a##holes about it; shop (bike24) and BUMM both.

My subsequent negative comments on amazon were removed and my ability to post comments there at all was forever blocked, thereafter. Don't know if BUMM or amazon pulled that stunt.

A much much much better light is the Edelux 2. Fantastic light. It's just about as wide and bright, much smaller, much tougher and way better built. A hella lot prettier too. The luxos is fecking ugly. The switch is magnetic, so no water intrusion will ever happen. And it's dead easy to switch with gloves on, unlike the luxos' ridiculous buttons.
Of course, it has no usb, but there are products for that (don't get one of BUMM's though - they're crap too, I've read). I got a Forumlader, far and away the best usb charger out there. Not cheap, but massively better than anything else. Read up on it. Made by a guy in germany at home.

BUMM is shameless keeping this garbage on the market at all, let alone at this price.
The AXA lights are pretty good too, even the little Pico cheapies. They aren't particularly sealed, instead the circuitry is sprayed with some kind of coating.The version with the USB output is pretty useless though. Yeah, and the Forumslader rocks! I dunno if this is any help towards reclaiming your dead light but Jens During makes a new circuit board to run the Luxos off the 12V output of the FL. So you could maybe use the LED and replace the circuit board? IQ-X für Forumslader: Forumslader