Old 05-23-19, 11:27 AM
joey buzzard

Bikes: Swift Folder, Haro Vector, Sundeal V1 mini-velo,1991 Peugeot 531 Reynolds road bike with Campy wheels and Ultegra 6600 groupset

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 167 Times in 96 Posts
If you`re used to riding a road bike and you want easy speed with your folding bike, I recommend you check out swiftfolders.com

These 20`` bikes deliver a lot of perfornance with the bars low. The frame pivots and clamps together on the seatpost. This system is very simple and it turns a weak point in most folders into a strength as there is absolutely no flex in the frame and the ride is extremely stiff. I own one and it`s beautiful. I prefer my Swift to riding my road bike. There`s multiple threads on this bike on the forums here for a good reason. It`s basically an ideal platform for building a mini-velo.

You`ll find that a 20`` bike has fewer gear inches than your 700c road machine (unless you do something radical like run a 65t front chainring).
However, the handling and control of the bike at speed is better and it will out-climb your road bike. Also, with a long cage derailleur you can run a compact cassette and get a wide gear range with some very good small gears. I live in a mountainous area, so I get a lot of exercise and pleasure from my Swift. I use it just like I do my road bike and I`m constantly racing with the roadies. So I don`t anticipate that you`ll necessarily feel like you`re sacrificing speed if you do some research and get a good well designed folder if speed is important to you. It is to me and I`m very satisfied.

Last edited by joey buzzard; 05-23-19 at 11:42 AM.