View Single Post
Old 10-21-19, 08:19 AM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,314 Times in 707 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
He is an expert in gravel riding too- its often times entertaining to read. He has strong views on an aluminum Trek frame that rode harshly, and hasnt gotten a different gravel bike in over a year I think. But dang he has strong opinions on riding, distance, equipment, and other's experiences and preferences.
The latest thread was fun- he declared he would buy a new bike to bikepack for many weeks this fall in the midwest, but without a plan of when or where. Expensive wheels were a must and they would have to be ordered with wait time. Then he declared he would ride to the KATY while avoiding a bunch of places that are associated with the KATY(towns and the river the KATY runs along!). With no timeline or plan, the thread turned to a bunch of questions since it was super confusing and his responses became aggressive. Ultimately the entire non-plan plan was scrapped and he bought a mountainbike.

I did give a laugh or two when I first read the thread since the KATY was mentioned as a location for the ride. The thread went just as well as those old KATY threads from squeeze.
Yep. And like squeeze who was all judgement with no experience other than reading advertisers spec sheets, it isn't the individual perspective so much as the constant put down of others as if he were all that and a bag of chips while never really revealing anything real about who he is.

I think being a real person on the forums helps temper the holier than thou mindset as it's pretty easy to reference the opinion to the person holding it. When you remain anonymous you can say anything, but at the same time what is said means less because it's just words.

Most people don't ride drops because they are ----. Most people can't do this because they are ----. Most people don't know how to ----. Blah blah....
Who are "most people" and how much better are you than them?

As this relates to which hand position one uses on the handle bars.. People probably put their hands where they like because of the design of the bike, the style of rising they do and because it feels right. Not because they are lazy, stupid or unfit.