Old 10-21-19, 08:52 AM
Metieval

Bikes: Road bike, Hybrid, Gravel, Drop bar SS, hard tail MTB

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 214 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
Yes, I’m serious. People use the wrong terms all the time. You, suggesting that someone washing out a wheel is an “endo” is just wrong. You even seem to know what an endo is because you say you “prevented” on based on how you grip the bars but using a nose wheelie to make a turn is different from an end-over. It could result in a endo if done wrong but it’s not the same as going over the bars. .
again you are twisting things. The washing out was cause by not being able to control the endo. In which the result was an over the bars crash.

I am suggesting he couldn't control the endo (going with GMBN definition here) because of riding the hoods. Hoods offers pull grip, but not a whole lot of push grip. In an endo situation you want a grip where you can PUSH!

Both videos shows crashes that resulted by the rider being in an ENDO position. (again using GMBN definition of an Endo). I have also showed you a Video of a rider controlling an endo by being in the Drops. It's been a while since I have watched Martyn Ashton's road bike party videos. However I would guess that he is also using the drops most of the time. Especially on anything that requires extreme grip on the bars.