Old 01-04-21, 03:17 AM
kingjason

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanks gentlemen, well except the one guy. People should try googling how to upgrade a Colnago or any number of those type of search terms. Most are outdated or have people telling you to google. What I needed was specific information. I was trying to reply last night and reached my limit but I figured out the disconnect in my mind. The correct bottom bracket is right above. The BBR-60 is correct but if you google that part number it generally pops up the 68 English version. However, add a nifty I to the end of the part number and walla it is the Italian version. I would have figured it would be a different part number all together. Plus a lot of times they mention Hollowtech compatible but you go look at groups and no mention of Hollowtech.

I need to whip out my calipers in the morning when I get up and check the headset sizing. I found a once inch Colnago that looked similar and a 1 1/8 also. The specs above just popped up when googled. It is black and says flash above the word Colnago. I think I found one of the original looking headsets online.

Now, on the brakes. Do all of those things mount up the same or were there changes over the years? I plan on ordering a complete groupset, crank, levers, cassette, brakes, etc. What is really funny, the guy from REI, who confused me a little, said none of this stuff would work when I inquired about a different BB. The guy from China, when I inquired about the 105 set last night came back with, Oh you need the bottom bracket with an I. Funny. Oh and the universal comment, I think I was watching a video on the SRAM single speed stuff and the guy mentioned basically that SRAM had come out with the bottom brackets to fit all bikes or something. Made it sound like it was something new but apparently Shimano has done this for a while.

I tried to post a pic of this beauty but, well, I need ten posts..............and it locks me out at 5 a day.

Last edited by kingjason; 01-04-21 at 03:22 AM.